Sunday, August 8, 2010

Su San Fans: Cows in a Field

The original Cows in a Field painting was my very first real painting created while living in a small farmhouse on a horse farm in Kentucky, where a herd of charlois cattle would watch me. And me them. Their curiosity and my fascination paired up for my very first painting...and my very first cow painting ever.

That oil painting sold and was later recreated in mixed media; the cows' poses being the same as in the original. The newer painting also sold, and prints are now being made into Su San Fans!

A bargain; functional art for $9.

cheers,
Susan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loving these fans-what a brilliant design idea....and of my fav. cow paintings too !Great way to have your presence at my side even when i don't have the masterpiece on my wall! lol